RADIOSITE Fórum

• DVB-H

#21679  Szerző: vdxp

Today I checked again DVB-H from from Széchenyi-hegy around 13:00 CET. All 4 channels were on air. On ATV was a teleshop show "Közvetlen ajánlat" with "www.wsteleshop.hu" address, on DUNA TV and AUTONOMIA a live TV show "Kívánságkosár" and on HIRTV news program. But the strange thing on hír TV was the time which was shown unter the HIRTV logo. Because it was approximately 47 minutes behind compared with real time! For example at 13:07 CET the time on hír TV was 12:20 CET. :o
 #21678  Szerző: vdxp

Szabi írta:It's hard in highlands, i know, but is it available in cities via stick antenna or indoor aerial?
Yes, it is available with stick and indor aerial in Bécs. I have an indoor antenna at my home which that I can receive DVB-T without any problems. DVB-T is transmited from 4 different transmitter sites which targets the whole city.
 #21479  Szerző: MrG

That's strange, because several articles appeared in Hungary in the recent past, that DVB-H is a successful platform in Austria. Moreover, in some writings, Austria is said to be the only country in Europe, where this service is prosperous...
They authors were a little bit misinformed, I surmise... :)

What about the mobile reception of DVB-T in your country? It's hard in highlands, i know, but is it available in cities via stick antenna or indoor aerial? In Hungary, the contracts were only contained rooftop antenna reception (and only a few local low-power transmitters), so that there are weaker signals, only 50-50 kilowatts per transmitter, and what is more, Budapest and Kabhegy are limited now to 5-10 and 20 kilowatts by military forces, because some old fighter planes using these frequency bands until 2010...
 #21477  Szerző: vdxp

Szabi írta: Unfortunately DVB-H won't be a successful platform in Hungary, if we can believe the prognostications and researches, cause mobile providers have started their "own" Mobile TV transmissions about 2 or 3 years ago via the GSM/HSDPA network, so that they aren't interested in DVB-H transmissions (anyway it's neither popular, there aren't many subscribers for these services).
Thanx for your information! Last June in Austria DVB-H was pushed by the government cause of Euro 2008 (Football Championship). It is only available in capital cities of each provinces. But I think it is not really successfull, because only a minority is using that service.
 #21403  Szerző: MrG

vdxp írta:At Bp-Kelenföld vasútállomás on Június.29 I received with my Nokia N77 following 4 DVB-H programmes from Széchenyi-hegy, but only Hír TV was active.

Network: AH (= Antenna Hungária)
Multiplex Budapest, 610.00 MHz
Cs. ITU Prog. Code Megjegyzés
38 HNG ATV nem aktívan - miért?
38 HNG HIRTV aktívan
38 HNG AUTONOMIA nem aktívan - miért?
38 HNG DUNA TV nem aktívan - miért?
The programmes you listed were only test-transmissions, due to the lack of agreement between the channel-providers, Antenna Hungária and the mobile providers... Unfortunately DVB-H won't be a successful platform in Hungary, if we can believe the prognostications and researches, cause mobile providers have started their "own" Mobile TV transmissions about 2 or 3 years ago via the GSM/HSDPA network, so that they aren't interested in DVB-H transmissions (anyway it's neither popular, there aren't many subscribers for these services). I guess the test broadcasts will be stopped before long, and the coordinated frequencies will be used for newer DVB-T multiplexes. However, anything can happen, that was only a guessing...

And of course that (the test transmission) is the reason you didn't receive anything but HírTV.
 #21395  Szerző: vdxp

At Bp-Kelenföld vasútállomás on Június.29 I received with my Nokia N77 following 4 DVB-H programmes from Széchenyi-hegy, but only Hír TV was active.

Network: AH (= Antenna Hungária)
Multiplex Budapest, 610.00 MHz
Cs. ITU Prog. Code Megjegyzés
38 HNG ATV nem aktívan - miért?
38 HNG HIRTV aktívan
38 HNG AUTONOMIA nem aktívan - miért?
38 HNG DUNA TV nem aktívan - miért?
 #15486  Szerző: Mauro

DVB-H-n sztereóba mennek a műsorok?